Gebrüder Weiss has acquired Deutsche Transport Compagnie Erich Bogdan GmbH & Co. KG (DTC) from Diehl with economic effect from 1 January 2017. The Franconian company with locations in Nuremberg, Loßburg and Lüdenscheid employs about 240 members of staff and is to be integrated into the Gebrüder Weiss network as a wholly-owned subsidiary. Both parties have agreed to keep the purchase price confidential. The acquisition is subject to approval by the competition authorities.
Wolfgang Niessner, CEO of Gebrüder Weiss, commented: “As a member of System Alliance Europe, DTC has been an important partner of Gebrüder Weiss for many years and enjoys excellent customer relations”.
Niessner added: “The integration of DTC into our own network of branches enables us to immediately offer our customers in southern Germany transport services from a single source”.
Founded in Berlin in 1946, DTC has considerable expertise in national and international land transport, warehousing and contract logistics, in project logistics and customs, as well as in air and sea transport.
The company will operate under the name “Deutsche Transport Compagnie Erich Bogdan GmbH & Co. KG” plus the suffix “A Company of Gebrüder Weiss”. The established team will continue to be led by the current Managing Directors Manfred Heuer and Roland Kuhn.
The centre of the company’s logistics activities is the DTC head office in Nuremberg, which will supplement the Gebrüder Weiss locations in Passau, Memmingen, Lindau, Aldingen and Esslingen. With a handling facility covering 11,500 sq m and a logistics facility of 19,200 sq m, the Franconian location is an ideal hub for transports between Germany and Austria as well as in the direction of Central and Southeast Europe.
Source: Gebrüder Weiss