Australia Post launched its 2025 Sustainability Roadmap, formally supporting the Australian Government’s commitment to Net Zero by 2050. In doing so, Australia Post states it has become the first Commonwealth Government Business Enterprise to target Net Zero emissions by 2050.
Australia Post will be undertaking a comprehensive range of initiatives to reduce Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
Australia Post states it boasts Australia’s largest fleet of electric delivery vehicles and the Roadmap outlines a range of targets to deliver a sustainable future that benefits all Australians, including:
– targeting Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050.
– reducing emissions by 15% by 2025 (FY19 baseline).
– sourcing 100% renewable energy by 2025.
– 100% ‘fully sustainable’ packaging range aligned to the 2025 National Packaging Targets by 2025.
– decreasing waste to landfill by 20% (FY19 baseline) by 2025.
– spending $100m with social enterprise and Indigenous suppliers by 2025.
The Roadmap outlines a science-based approach that aligns with the aims of the UN Paris Agreement and includes a 2025 emissions reduction target validated by the Science Based Targets Initiative in 2021.
Source: Australia Post