European Road Freight Transport 2022Now available to download
European Road Freight Transport 2022 shows a picture of strong recovery, with some unpredictable factors creating an uncertain, challenging and complex market environment.
The 2022 report addresses the impact of fuel costs, inflation, the Mobility Package, war in Ukraine and driver shortages on the market, and explores the strategies that can be adopted to overcome these challenges. The report also examines other factors affecting volumes, pricing and cost factors.
The report contains Ti’s bespoke market sizing data, including 2021 growth rates, full year 2022 projections and Ti’s Covid Recovery Tracker Data, which analyses market growth projections through to 2026 compared to pre-Covid market sizes.
Finally the report contains in depth comparative logistics provider profiles and comprehensive assessment of the digital road freight landscape, analysis of the variety of services offered by marketplaces and digital forwarders and how the recent surge in investment and M&A activity is transforming the market.
The report contains:
- Market sizing and forecasts for 2021-2026, split by country, domestic & international
- Market data analysis including freight rates, volumes, pricing & cost factors
- Analysis of the impact of fuel prices, driver shortages, Mobility Package, inflation and the war in Ukraine on the market
- In depth comparative logistics provider profiles
- Top 20 European Road Freight Transport Providers
- Digital road freight landscape and funding analysis, tracking the evolution of digital offers across the value chain
- How is the industry adapting to inflation, weakening consumer demand, fuel prices, driver shortages and the war in Ukraine?
- How fast is the market expected to grow throughout the rest of 2022 through to 2026?
- How fast are the international and domestic road freight markets expected to grow over the next 5 years?
- What strategies are leading players adopting in order to tackle driver shortages, inflation and congestion?
- Where do opportunities lie within the market? And how can these opportunities best be captured?
- Which technology trends are dominating the market?
- What does the digital road freight landscape currently look like? How is it evolving?
- What level of service offering do digital forwarders and marketplaces currently provide? How will this change in the coming years?
- The European road freight market grew 9.4% in real terms in 2021, and will expand by 4.9% in 2022.
- Recovery through to 2026 will remain positive, with the market forecast to grow 3% from 2021 to 2026.
- European road freight rates hit an all-time high in Q1 2022 as rising cost pressures, supply and capacity disruptions, regulatory change and war in Ukraine created a potent mix of rate drivers.
- Smaller road freight providers are likely to suffer disproportionately from the increase in operating costs.
- Driver shortages remain an acute problem in the European market, with an overall shortage of 380,000-425,000 at the end of 2021.
- Funding continues to flow in digital forwarding start-ups that operate in the European road freight market.
- Different aspects of the Mobility Package could create potential capacity constraints and therefore impact costs and rates.