Global Contract LogisticsFind out why the market has grown by 5%
Global Contract Logistics examines key trends and changes in logistics operations and shippers’ businesses with a focus on real world impacts for the contract logistics market and contract logistics providers. The report takes a strategic and tactical look at the opportunities and threats changes such as deglobalisation (Brexit, NAFTA renegotiation) and technologies (AI, blockchain) and vertical sector dynamics present to manufacturers, retailers and LSPs
Key questions Global Contract Logistics asks and answers
- How will change in the strategies of major shippers affect contract logistics provision
- How is AI changing the shape of retail?
- Why bricks-and-mortar stores aren’t dead yet
- What approaches are the leading contract logistics providers taking towards technology, and what does this mean for their ability to compete in an ever more connected marketplace?
- What is the split between warehousing and transportation as a % of contract logistics revenues?
The following contract logistics providers are profiled:
This report contains:
- Market sizing for the global contract logistics market
- Compare major contract logistics providers strategies and approaches to the challenges they face
- Analysis of the effects deglobalisation trends may have for contract logistics providers (Brexit, NAFTA renegotiation)
- Profiles of major contract logistics providers
- 5-year CAGR forecasts for logistics-intensive vertical sectors
- The advance of AI capabilities will allow retailers to analyse and understand their customers in fundamentally different ways. Logistics providers must adapt to the profound change this will produce in their operations
- Bricks-and-mortar stores will become data generators, as well as or perhaps instead of sales generators, allowing retailers to understand their customers at the individual and aggregate level
- The global contract logistics market grew by 5.0% in 2017 – the fastest annual market growth rate since 2010
- What are the real and potential effects of political and economic shifts like Brexit and President Trump’s NAFTA renegotiations for contract logistics providers?
Comparative Analysis of Leading Contract Logistics Providers
- Approach to and implementation of technology
- Approach to M&A
- Financial performance – margins in contract logistics
- New contract wins
- Approach to strategic threats – deglobalisation, shifts in vertical sectors