European Road Freight Transport 2021Now available to download
European Road Freight Transport 2021 contains unique analysis of European road freight transport trends, growth data and market opportunities.
The report addresses driver shortages and the measures that can be adopted to solve the crisis, recovery prospects for the industry as we continue to navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic, and other factors affecting volumes, pricing and cost factors.
The report contains Ti’s bespoke market sizing data, including 2020 growth rates, full year 2021 projections and Ti’s Covid Recovery Tracker Data, which analyses market growth projections through to 2025 compared to pre-Covid market sizes.
Finally the report contains in depth comparative logistics provider profiles and comprehensive assessment of the digital road freight landscape, including the 2021 market map, analysis of the variety of services offered by marketplaces and digital forwarders and how recent M&A activity could transform the market.
The report contains extensive analysis of the digital road freight landscape, tracking the evolution of digital offers across the value chain.
How is the digital road freight landscape evolving?
What level of service offering do digital forwarders and marketplaces currently provide?
The report contains:
- Post-Covid 2020-2025 forecasts, 2020 market size & growth rates, 2021 full year projections - split by country, domestic & international, and FTL/LTL
- Market data analysis including volumes, pricing & cost factors
- Analysis of the continued effects of Covid-19 disruption, driver shortages, environmental factors & infrastructure issues on the market
- Comparative logistics provider profiles, including operational strategies, finances, sustainability practices, technologies used & their implementation
- Extensive analysis of the digital road freight landscape, tracking the evolution of digital offers across the value chain
- How is the industry coping with continued economic and infrastructure pressure?
- How fast is the market expected to grow throughout the rest of 2021-2025?
- How fast is the international road freight market expected to grow over the next 5 years?
- What strategies must the industry adopt in order to solve the issue of driver shortages?
- Where do opportunities lie within the market? And how can these opportunities best be captured?
- What strategies are leading road freight providers adopting, and how are they keeping pace with ever changing market dynamics?
- What does the digital road freight landscape currently look like? And how will it evolve?
- What level of service offering do digital forwarders and marketplaces currently provide? How will this change in the coming years?
- The European road freight market will expand by 4.7% in 2021, but CRT21 data projects the market will still be 1.5% smaller than it was in 2019
- Recovery through to 2025 is more positive, Ti’s CRT25 data shows the region will be 10.1% larger in 2025 compared to 2019
- By 2025, the largest five economies will account for 59.7% of the road freight market, down slightly from 60.2% in 2020
- As shippers get a clearer picture of the working conditions offered by transport providers, those that do not invest in better working conditions could be left behind
- The ability for commercial road freight to maintain a competitive advantage over in-house operations is key to growth
- Activity within the digital freight sector remains high, with interesting developments and consolidation at all fronts
- Almost all profiled providers have a degree of environmental improvements planned, or already implemented, in order to reduce their climate impact