Global Automotive Logistics 2023Download today
The global automotive logistics market remains highly unstable with fundamental change, emerging trends, technologies and legislation affecting all areas of the industry. Use our market report to understand market dynamics, growth trajectories, opportunities and challenges.
This report from Ti Insight provides a detailed analysis of the global automotive industry, including 2022, 2023 and 2027 market sizes and forecasts, segmentation data, trend analysis, comparative company profiles and provider profiles.
The report contains data taken from our online data platform GSCI which contains much more detail about the automotive market, companies and trends.
This report contains
- Automotive logistics market sizing & forecasts for 2022 and 2023, as well as the 2022-2027 CAGR
- Market segmentation (inbound, outbound and spare parts)
- Global and regional-level figures
- Market trend analysis
- Top automotive companies by revenue and company profiles
- Comparative automotive logistics service provider profiles
Key questions the report answers:
- How fast are regional and country automotive logistics markets growing? And how will the market perform out to 2027?
- How are the inbound, outbound and spare parts markets performing?
- What are the major factors affecting the automotive industry in 2023 and beyond?
- How will the proposed EU ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars impact the industry?
- Will the role of airfreight increase as the distances between supplier and customer increase and the weight-to-value of key components changes?
- Who were the top automotive logistics companies by revenue in 2022?
- Which providers have a strong position in the automotive logistics market and what are their core offerings?
- Who will be the winners and losers of the new technology vehicle supply chain?
- Will the EV automotive sector change its approach to air freight and adopt that seen in the electronics sector?
- How will key trends impact various automotive logistics segments?
- What strategies and technologies are the top automotive manufacturers adopting in response to the challenges faced within the industry?
- By the end of 2023, the global automotive logistics market is forecast to grow by 3.1%.
- The global automotive 2022-2027 CAGR is forecast to be 4.2%.
- The global spare parts market grew 6.8% in 2022 and is expected to grow another 2.3% in 2023.
- Inventory will be managed in a very different manner, with a move away from traditional concepts such as ‘just-in-time’.
- China has seen an explosion in EV production and has increased exports fivefold, changing the nature of international trade in passenger vehicles.
- The shift to new propulsion systems is the dominant development in the automotive sector alongside the emergence of digital guidance systems.
- Given the nascent and evolving nature of battery supply chains, vehicle manufacturers are adopting different approaches to their development.
- Battery supply chains are changing rapidly and ‘legacy’ vehicle manufacturers are investing in dedicated battery production.
- The violent shift in technology is already visible and supply chain geographies are rapidly changing as manufacturers attempt to locate semiconductor production approximate to assembly plants.