Poste Italiane acquires majority stake in Plurima as it seeks to extend its contract logistics service offering to the healthcare sector


Poste Italiane has announced the signing of a binding agreement with Opus and the private equity operator Siparex for the acquisition of a majority stake in healthcare logistics specialist Plurima, currently valued at around €130m. The operation will be carried out through Poste Welfare Servizi (PWS), a subsidiary of Poste Italiane. Plurima is an Italian company involved in hospital logistics and management services for public and private hospitals. Operating through 41 logistics facilities and a fleet of approximately 300 vehicles, Plurima generated approximately €57m in revenues and approximately €10m in EBITDA in 2021.

Under the agreement, PWS will hold 70.0% of the share capital of Plurima, while the Marconi family will hold the remaining 30.0%, with Luca Marconi taking up the role of Executive Chairman of the company.

Matteo Del Fante, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Poste Italiane, commented: “Our 24SI strategy envisages a focus on the contract logistics business with the aim of completing the transition to a wide-ranging logistics model. We believe that this acquisition will grant us access to new opportunities linked to a greater trend towards outsourcing hospital logistics and micro-logistics. For this purpose, we will leverage the experience we have gained with the COVID-19 vaccine delivery.”

Source: Poste Italiane