Yusen Logistics Turkey merges to increase domestic coverage


Yusen Logistics Turkey has merged with İnci Lojistik, a subsidiary of İnci Holding. The new company commences operations on April 1, 2016 and will be called Yusen İnci Lojistik ve Ticaret A.Ş.

Yusen commenced activities in Turkey in 2012 and has been in partnership with İnci Lojistik since 2014. The new merger will attempt to combine Yusen’s international coverage with İnci Lojistik’s domestic experience. Yusen Logistics Europe BV will own 60% of the new company, with Inci Holding owning the remaining 40%.

The new company will be headquartered in Istanbul, with other offices in Izmir, Manisa, Bursa and Ankara. It will offer a range of contract logistics services in Turkey, as well as international forwarding services in both inbound and outbound supply chains through its global network. Its warehousing space covers 30,000 sq m and will be used for both ambient and temperature controlled storage as well as a customs facilities and bonded storage. The company will also offer a range of value added services including: sequencing, kitting, pre-assembly, line feed, packaging, labelling, product rework and quality control. Its nationwide distribution network features domestic transportation and delivery solutions.

Commenting on the merger, Kenji Mizushima, President of Yusen Logistics said, “This merger together with İnci Lojistik is indeed a very important step for Yusen Logistics from our worldwide perspective. Our strengthened presence in Turkey represents an important step in the next stage of our global strategy.”

The Managing Director of Yusen İnci Lojistik, Hakan Meric, added that Yusen had chosen Turkey as “a centre to grow and strengthen its position as a player in the regional sector.”

Source:Yusen Logistics

GSCi

The world's largest collection of global supply chain intelligence

  • quickly and easily search and gain invaluable insight into the logistics industry
  • Empower everyone from business development executives to CEO level
  • Enhance the role of the market research department