The report, Global Contract Logistics 2016, provides a comprehensive overview of the market including, the first time in the series, a dedicated chapter on the adoption of technology throughout the industry.
- Before implementing technology solutions, LSPs must have a clear understanding of the information and data required at the strategic, tactical and operational level
- Sophisticated technology systems are no longer reserved for those with the largest budgets. Even the smallest LSPs can implement effective technology solutions given the proper understanding of their requirements
- With greater data sharing traditional barriers between operation and support departments within companies have been reduced greatly. As a consequence, these new work flow processes throughout the entirety of the supply chain require new platforms
- Transition from legacy systems will require a huge amount of investment and, in some cases, could realistically expect to cost millions of dollars, much or which may never be recovered
- Successes for many LSPs rely heavily on the level of visibility they have within their own supply chains from procurement all the way through to final delivery.